So how did the last weeks meal planner work out?
- as usual Monday–Thursdays meals were swapped around depending on how the mood took me.
- Some tasty portobello mushrooms found there way in to my shopping trolley last week and so on Monday in an effort to use up the left over mascarpone, I improvised and came up with a delicious pasta dish (maybe not as healthy as I normally cook but the mascarpone would have gone to waste otherwise and I hate waste).
- Salmon hot pot was therefore omitted from last weeks meals and will hopefully be making an appearance this coming week.
- The pizza topping was another good dish for using up left overs – Portobello mushroom, caramelised red onion and some roasted artichokes (the one in jars of oil) – a nice mix of flavours but not my favorite topping (Parma ham and nectarines at the moment).
- The left over walnut and watercress pesto never made it to the pasta and feta dish. At the request of my boyfriend we spread it on white fish again – so much for variety!
- Sunday lunch at my boyfriends parents was roast chicken with some new potatoes roasted with lemon wedges and sprigs of rosemary – I will be trying that out myself some soon day.
- The Butternut squash, Gorgonzola and Pecan risotto was just as delicious comfort food as the first time – post now with updated, better quality picture.
- Moroccan spicy egg, meatball and tomato tagine with flat breads on Saturday was a great success and I plan on blogging that recipe this weekend.
So on to this week –
Friday – Homemade walnut and Gorgonzola ravioli – a first for me so cross your fingers for me!
Saturday – Roast Chicken (I have a 2kg free range one sitting in the fridge and there is only the two of us! so will be sandwiches for a few days and sunday’s and possibly monday’s tea)
Sunday – Leftover chicken – risotto
Monday – Leftover chicken – depending on how much is left or Salmon hot pot
Tuesday – Balsamic courgettes with pasta
Wednesday – Homemade lasagna (frozen the other week)
Thursday – Pasta with slow braised leeks