This last week has been a bit hectic at work (and next week is set to be worse) so we’re relying on simple nutritious meals. Unfortunately it has taken me a little longer than expected to post my chicken recipes but hopefully I will post the noodle soup recipe this afternoon. I have a well earned day off to, I’m planning to make the most of it. I have some soup on cooking for lunch (and for the freezer) and I’m planning to catch up on some of my favorite TV shows that I’m behind with, update the blog a bit and if I get time the ultimate indulgence of reading a book (for fun – rather than work/study) in the middle of the day. I have pretty stuck to last weeks meal planner –
- The homemade ravioli was a bit of a disaster – the filling was nice, the fresh pasta wasn’t the best I’ve made and it involved spending way too long in the kitchen both preparing and cleaning up after! I will be continuing to persevere with making fresh pasta but my hold off ravioli for a while!
- The roast chicken was a success and there was enough leftovers for 2 main meals – lemon, pea and chicken risotto and chicken noodle soup – both delicious and on the list to be made again.
- The balsamic courgettes were tasty as ever – another favorite, quick and nutritious pasta sauce.
- frozen homemade lasagna was a real treat – reheated after a late night at work.
- Slow braised leeks was served as a jacket potato topping for a change (it was still nice but my boyfriend felt is was messing with perfection – read not impressed!)
- so salmon hot pot was pushed a side again!
So looking forward to the week ahead, another hectic week ahead so I will be cooking simple old favorites.
Friday – Salmon Hot Pot
Saturday and Sunday – spending the weekend at my parents
Monday – Pasta with Ratatouille style sauce
Tuesday – Balsamic courgettes
Wednesday – Pizza – topping likely to be Parma ham and pineapple but could change on the day
Thursday – spaghetti bolognese