Today I have a very simple and quick summer dish that is as delicious as it is simple to prepare. This recipe came about because we bought courgettes at our local market at the weekend and had too many for our go to courgette recipe of balsamic courgettes. This made a delicious, light after work supper but I can imagine it would be even better for lunch in the garden or on a picnic.
Courgette, feta and thyme frittata
1tbsp olive oil
1 clove of garlic, finely diced
2 courgettes, grated
100g feta, crumbled
4 eggs, beaten
3 sprigs of thyme, leaves only
Salt and pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Pre-heat your grill to high.
- Fry the garlic and courgette for a few minutes until softened.
- Season the beaten eggs with salt and pepper. Pour over the courgette mixture in the frying pan.
- Add the thyme leaves and feta to the pan. Stir to mix everything together before the eggs start to cook.
- Once mixed, allow to cook until the base of the frittata starts to set.
- Place the frying pan under the grill and cook for a further 5 minutes or until the top is set and golden.