Fresh from the oven is a bread baking group that has been running for a couple of years now. As of February 2012 the format is changing from a group run from a private blog to a monthly blogging event that anyone can take part in as often (or as little) as they want. The format of the challenges remains the same however. So if you want to improve your bread baking skills then this is the blogging event for you.
At the beginning of each month myself and Michelle (of Utterly Scrummy food for families) will announce who is guest hosting that months challenge and also which of the two of us is doing the round up so you can pop back at the end of the month and see all the entries in one place. We have a variety of bloggers lined up to host each months challenge, they will post the recipe or type of bread on their blog on the 1st of the month. Then either myself or Michelle will round up on our blog at the end of the month.
To participate each month all you need to do is:
- Visit purely food or utterly scrummy food for families to see who is guest hosting and who is publishing the round up
- Visit the guest hosts blog to find the monthly challenge recipe
- Have a go at baking this months bread and blog about it (at any time during the month but on the 28th at the latest)
- Mention fresh from the oven in your post and include a link to this page if I am publishing the round up (see here if Michelle is rounding up)
- Include a link to the guest host’s blog post announcing this month’s challenge.
- Please email a photo (saved as a jpg, no bigger than 500px x 500px ) and a link to your post to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com by midinight (GMT) 28th of the month to have your post included in the monthly round up.
- If you do not have a blog but still want to take part, email us a photo of your bread and you will be included in the round up.
- If you are on twitter, please use the hash tag #freshfromoven to tweet about the challenge.
- We now have a facebook page. Please feel to interact as much as you like and even share pictures and links to your enteries.
- Check back here at the end of the month to see the round up of all that months entries.
- If you are hosting a challenge for us, please think about copyright issues when selecting a recipe for us to us. For example is there a recipe on line we could use and link to without republishing the recipe? do you have a recipe of your own suitable to use that you are happy to share on the internet?
November’s challenge is being hosted by Fuss free flavours and will be announced on her blog on November 1st. The round up will be published no later than 30th November on Utterly scrummy food for families.
So what are you waiting for? Join the Fresh From the Oven Challenge and get baking!